Finding all objects in PIX

Started by
2 comments, last by Werrock 16 years, 7 months ago
When I tried to use PIX to see how much video memory I consume I got the feeling that PIX do not show everything or I don't use correctly. I try to explain and hopefully I can get the answer here. I see most things created and at first sight everythings fine. But when counting the actuall amount of objects it does not really lok that good anymore. I create like 900 textures (tiles) for the background but only 130 of them show up in PIX when i do a F12-capture. Is is posible they have gone hiding in another memory that is not vivible for PIX? The total usage is around 150 MB and the card hae 256 Mb of memory so it should by all means be located in the vram. The textures are created with MANAGED as memory pool.
Advertisement
No, they should all show up in PIX. Have you perhaps turned on any of the filters in the Object View?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I concur with superpig - they should appear in PIX in some form or another. However if they exist in the managed pool there is a definite possibility they don't exist in VRAM at all times...

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Alright, Is there some setting to show all resources created since I do not have any filer on?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement