Sign in to follow this  

3rd person camera moving

This topic is 3740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am not sure how to go about moving the camera view left/right and up/down and zoom in/out. If any one could give me the basic idea of how to go about calculating this it would be appreciated.

This is a graphics programming question, you'll get better results in the Graphics forum. Have a moderator move the thread for you.

That said, your camera setup probably takes a location coordinate, a lookat vector, and an up vector. These values get set to a static value by you when the program starts. Just change these values whenever user input occurs. I think you can at least figure out the coordinate part on your own, as it's a simple, linear equation. See what you can come up with on your own, and if you still can't figure it out, come back again with a more detailed question.

This topic is 3740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.