Mirror deformation

Started by
3 comments, last by SimonS 16 years, 7 months ago
Can anyone help me with with this? I´m sitting in dx9c and want to deformate a mirror when you shoot at it. Which is the easiest way to do this? Create a particle system that gets "alive" when it got hit or? HELP! [Edited by - SimonS on September 18, 2007 7:19:14 AM]
Advertisement
What do you mean "deform"? Do you want to change the way the mirror reflects? Do you want to just spawn a particle sytem? How is the mirror handled? Render to texture? Cube map?
Sorry, didnt mean deform, I want to break it into smaller parts. Like many splinters.
It all depends how much effort you want to put into this - do you want it to look realistic or be realistic?

If you're happy with it just looking okay then you can cut corners and use things like particle systems. If you want uncompromising realism then you're going to be getting into some heavyweight physics and mathematics...

Direct3D doesn't have any specific 'helper' for this sort of work, so if you decide on either of the two routes then I can move this to the GP&T or M&P forum where you'll get the attention of the right audience.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

If I get it to look "okay", I`m happy with that. I just want something to happen when I hit the mirror. Cant find any guide on this :(
I´ll go for the particle system then.

Thanx jolly

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement