Isometric editor

Started by
16 comments, last by O-san 16 years, 6 months ago
Thanks for the positive feedback! The GUI is my own creation. It is a pretty basic class-system for each button. ATM I have text, graphic, radio, check and drag bar buttons. The sun-direction gizmo is pretty much "hard-coded". Things to do:

- Fine tune point light system
- Add scripting capabilities
- Culling of objects
- Add NPC, AI path finding etc.
- Sound system

Thanks again for the comments and interest. I will continue to post new features as they become finished. :)
Advertisement
O-san,
I'm interested in doing an isometric project in the upcoming year for game programming contest. I'm curious, is your alpha version editor at a stage where it can be used for basic level design? Is it available for download?

I've built 2D tile editors before...and they were tough enough. Great job on this project.

Thanks,
Chuck
Quote:Original post by chuckbo2006I'm curious, is your alpha version editor at a stage where it can be used for basic level design? Is it available for download?

Sorry to say that the editor is not at that stage yet. It is possible to create a level and save/load it. However there are no smart tools to help you place objects, such as fill or pick tools. No scripting or NPCs at all. I will release it for free when I feel that it can be used without too much hassle in the work flow. Thanks for showing interest!
Quote:Original post by chuckbo2006
I'm interested in doing an isometric project in the upcoming year for game programming contest. I'm curious, is your alpha version editor at a stage where it can be used for basic level design?

You might want to check out Mappy (free) and World Creator (free & pay versions). I like, and use, both.
tinjaw,
Thanks for the links.

Regards,
Chuck
Every couple of months I'm reminded of your project O-san, and it looks better each time.
very good !
I think an editor is a manger for resource..
so ,your mapfile's format is very important.
It must keep enough information for application to load resource.
//-------------
Is there any EventFlag in your mapfile?. enn
or . It is only an hex file which keep an array for tiles?
//-------------
I see you are working on Culling of objects
but .I think Culling of objects is the work of your Game! not your map editor
If your can add some extra Information for Culling.(may be) in your mapfiles.
your editor is good for using!
//-------
enn..
format must be open and easy to use and package
good luck!
Thanks for the input!

Quote:Original post by yjlh1234
I think an editor is a manger for resource..
so ,your mapfile's format is very important.
It must keep enough information for application to load resource.
//-------------
Is there any EventFlag in your mapfile?. enn
or . It is only an hex file which keep an array for tiles?
//-------------
I see you are working on Culling of objects
but .I think Culling of objects is the work of your Game! not your map editor
If your can add some extra Information for Culling.(may be) in your mapfiles.

The saved map is atm split into two files, one which holds the map-object locations, sound locations and so on. The other file contains information about what resources to load and how to display or play them. I am considering merging these two files. I'm unsure if I will have any benefits from using two separate files for map and resources.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement