Sign in to follow this  

CD3DFont

This topic is 3737 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i'm currently reading a book in an attempt to learn Direct3D I'm reading about fonts at the moment, and it mentions the "CD3DFont class" which supposedly requires the following files: d3dfont.h, d3dfont.cpp, d3dutil.h, d3dutil.cpp, dxutil.h, dxutil.cpp. While they are provided with the book source files, i can't find them in the DirectX SDK nor in the help files. Only reference i find to it is "If you need a faster font implementation, consider the CD3DFont support provided by the SDK sample framework." Why would the files not be included in the DirectX SDK, nor the help files? My first thought was that it was a custom class, but it's clearly marked 'copyright microsoft', and of course the slight reference in the helpfiles.

It's because Directx recommends to use D3DXFONT interface now. It's fast as opposed to its previous version(prior to summer 2005 if i am not wrong).

If you still want to use CD3DFont class, you may need to find the older versions of directx 9.0c SDK... maybe check your book's disk.

I actually still have my old font class. It's a heavily modified version of CD3DFont class. If you want i can send the code file to you.

This topic is 3737 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.