Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KLOCs

This topic is 6078 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do you measure them in visual studio :?) Sorry for the newbie question, but I never figured this one out... "The mere thought hadn''t even begun to speculate about the slightest possibility of traversing the eternal wasteland that is my mind..."

Near the lower right, on the status bar, shows the current line and column. You can use this as a crude way to determine # of lines. Just go to the last line of your source file and note the number, although if you want to know the sum of the lines of code in several source files you''d have to add them all up manually.

quote:
Original post by Kranomano

What does KLOC stand for?

Thousands of lines of code. I ended up writing my own program to count the lines of code, but I can''t find it at the moment... It was relatively primitive anyway, it would just scan a directory tree and add up each file.

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://druidgames.cjb.net/

Do a seach over the whole project, for the semi-colon!

It''s crude but effective. Most lines of code have one.
Very few comments do.
Preprocessor d''s don''t.
Some items that might be considered a single line of code, will show more than one. e.g. for statement.

In general, the amount of semi-colons it finds is a preety good estimate.