Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coyotelb

Color resolution in 256 color mode

Hi, Does anyone now how to determine what is color resolution in 256 color mode under DirectX? Little explanation: On TNT, RGB can be set in range 0-255 (8 bits), but on some old Trident it can be set only in range 0-63 (6 bits). This is transparent under DX, of course. I tried direct approach to palette with assembler out (03c8h, 03c9h) instructions, and it works, but I need to know what is RGB resolution to get correct colors. I need direct approach to palette because I noticed that Trident card is waiting for an additional vertical blank to change the colors, and since I have some cycling colors in my palette it is bad - I loose full frame rate because of this. With direct changing colors it works fine on both cards, but RGB resolution is a problem. I'm also curious will the out instructions work on W2000? (They work on W95/98.) Also, does anybody know how would it behave on 2 monitor/graphics card system? Thanks, Bojan Space Ewe Software Edited by - coyotelb on April 25, 2001 2:01:13 AM