Color resolution in 256 color mode

Started by
-1 comments, last by coyotelb 22 years, 12 months ago
Hi, Does anyone now how to determine what is color resolution in 256 color mode under DirectX? Little explanation: On TNT, RGB can be set in range 0-255 (8 bits), but on some old Trident it can be set only in range 0-63 (6 bits). This is transparent under DX, of course. I tried direct approach to palette with assembler out (03c8h, 03c9h) instructions, and it works, but I need to know what is RGB resolution to get correct colors. I need direct approach to palette because I noticed that Trident card is waiting for an additional vertical blank to change the colors, and since I have some cycling colors in my palette it is bad - I loose full frame rate because of this. With direct changing colors it works fine on both cards, but RGB resolution is a problem. I'm also curious will the out instructions work on W2000? (They work on W95/98.) Also, does anybody know how would it behave on 2 monitor/graphics card system? Thanks, Bojan Space Ewe Software Edited by - coyotelb on April 25, 2001 2:01:13 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement