Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any one try it: gameinstitute.com?

This topic is 6077 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve enrolled in the Advanced 3D game engine and the DirectX8 courses. So far I feel likes it''s moving a bit slow however it''s only the 2nd week of a 12 week course. I''ve learned alot so far. I like it, it goes into alot of the details, and there is a great deal of involvement from the instructors via message boards an mirc chat. I think it''s worth the $65.

quote:
Original post by bstepa

I''ve enrolled in the Advanced 3D game engine and the DirectX8 courses. So far I feel likes it''s moving a bit slow however it''s only the 2nd week of a 12 week course. I''ve learned alot so far. I like it, it goes into alot of the details, and there is a great deal of involvement from the instructors via message boards an mirc chat. I think it''s worth the $65.

Wow! I just went to their site and it looks promising. Their list of instructors is very impressive.

It look''s like today is the last day to get the 30% discount on a class. I better go register.

P.S. I hate U.S. currency. It cost''s be a fortune to convert my Canadian dollars (er. half dollars) to USD.

borngamer

Well I started my first class last night. It''s the Direct 3D Programming Course. The topics look very promising. They claim that we will complete a simple 3D shooter in 12 weeks. From what I''ve seen so far, I believe them.

The material is presented pretty well (although I couldn''t get the sound to work last night). I think the course is really going to bring my skills up a good notch or two.

I am really looking forward to when they offer the landscaping and BSP classes. Then I can get myself into some serious trouble.

If your looking for an alternative to standard books, I would say that Game Institute may be a good place to look.

borngamer