• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dbplayerett09

Visual Basic Programming

This topic is 3926 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need help with this assignment. I know a few things about C++ Programming but not everything. This is what I am suppose to do. Write a C++ program using Visual Studio which reads double precision floating point numbers from a file. Each number will be on its own line by itself. The array should support up to 400 double precision floating point numbers. Using #define constants, set the maximum size of the array to 400, a flag for which sort to use, a loop number flag, and a flag to turn metrics off and on. I need to implement 2 different sorting algorithms – the bubble sort and the quick sort – to place the numbers in ascending order. I need to make this process repeatable a certain number of times by the loop flag in the #define area. I need to also use the tools in the ctime library to do performance analysis on the two different algorithms. I need to make sure that if I increase the value of the defined constant for maximum list size that the program behaves appropriately (until I run out of available stack space). I Do not need to prompt the user for the sorting algorithm or the location of the list. Thank you and I hope you can help!

Advertisement

This topic is 3926 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.