Should i get a Matrix Geforce 2MX 32MB?

Started by
14 comments, last by wolfman8k 22 years, 11 months ago
ooops

glThanx(GL_SHCIPWA);
----- ShCiPwA -----
Advertisement
Heres my story, ive been useing a VooDoo 3 ever since it came out, i finally decided i wanted something new, Not only have i outgrown this system, but so has the software that is comeing out.

So i go shopping, i browse around looking at everything, seeing alot of the GeForce cards, the i see a laptop that has a GeForce 2, I think no way this laptop out dose my Home PC.

Benchmark time.. My system comes in at a 210% on the benchmark i use, haveing a max fps of 65.

Then i go to the store and try this laptop, it comes in a 2100%, with a max fps of 355. im just astounded.

I say but any GeForce card, its worth it. Get one with the DDR memory, it will cost a little more, but is worth it.
www.EberKain.comThere it is, Television, Look Listen Kneel Pray.
Hmmmmm, I don''t know where you get your Radeon information, but I am the proud owner of one of these fine boards and have yet to find a single bad point about them. It outperforms an MX in every way! Actually, I have a Duron 800 with a Radeon 32 DDR, and a friend of mine has a TBird 1.2 with a GeForce2 GTS, and my fps are exacly the same as his (and we both know a thing or two about milking every drop af performance out of our machines )
Anaother plus for the radeon is the fact that for OpenGL programming it is a lot more interessting ''cause it offers lots of new features not found on GeForce2 based cards.

So in conlusion, don''t bash the Radeon until you''ve tasted it''s raw power. I''d advise you to go for a radeon based card.
The Radeon still has really poorly performing WinNT/Win2K drivers though. It seems to work fine under Win9x for most people.

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://druidgames.cjb.net/
Nvidia is a great card with detonator drivers AND MOTHERBOARDS'' VIDEO SUPPORT DRIVERS!

Game Core
My recommendation is that if youre going to be doing alot of 3d modeling and animation the Radeon is the way to go, but if you want it for gameing it would be best to get a geforce. As for OpenGl programming I think that the geForce extensions are better documented then the radeon, I may be wrong in that but i know there is more source code using the nvidia chip.
*****confused by earlier errors, bailing out....*****

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement