Should i get a Matrix Geforce 2MX 32MB?

Started by
14 comments, last by wolfman8k 22 years, 11 months ago
Is the "Matrix Geforce 2MX 32MB" a good graphics card? Does it have good opengl/directx support? is it worth 79$? And also, will I need a special motherboard or anything? Now I'm using an ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP2x. So should I buy it? Here's a pic from the website with the description: - Triangles 20,000,000 - Second Generation Engine - nVida Geforce 2 MX GPU - Hardware 256Bit 2 Pipe Rendering engine - 32SDRAM HIGH SPEED MEMORY - AGP X2X4 - 350MHZ RAMDAC - Resolution up to 2048x1536 NVIDIA 2nd Generation Transform and Lighting Engine 25M Triangles\sec through T&L and setup Engine Complete support for Direct X 7.x and OpenGL features. Thanks! Edited by - wolfman8k on April 25, 2001 7:58:11 AM
Advertisement
Maybe I''ve missed something bad about this card type, but looks great to me!
I got an MX based card just the other day, upgrading from a TNT2 M64, and I must admit I am quite pleased with the performance difference between the two. Certainly worth the $200AUS I spent.
quote:Original post by wolfman8k

Is the "Matrix Geforce 2MX 32MB" a good graphics card? Does it have good opengl/directx support? is it worth 79$? And also, will I need a special motherboard or anything?

Now I''m using an ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP2x.

So should I buy it?

Here''s a pic from the website with the description:

- Triangles 20,000,000
- Second Generation Engine
- nVida Geforce 2 MX GPU
- Hardware 256Bit 2 Pipe Rendering engine
- 32SDRAM HIGH SPEED MEMORY
- AGP X2X4
- 350MHZ RAMDAC
- Resolution up to 2048x1536
NVIDIA 2nd Generation Transform and Lighting Engine
25M Triangles\sec through T&L and setup Engine
Complete support for Direct X 7.x and OpenGL features.

Thanks!

Edited by - wolfman8k on April 25, 2001 7:58:11 AM

Get a Radeon LE, it''s only $72, and it has better OpenGL support (IMO)
As a general rule, Geforce is a good line of cards. Nvidia knows what they are doing, when it comes to video hardware. I would say go for it.

If your using your video card for games, don''t even mess with a Radeon. The Geforce series is sooooo much better.

I will hand it to the Radeon in one aspect, though. It does good video editing stuff (from what I''ve heard), and it supports opengl well, too. Don''t get me wrong, the Geforce does too, and I would say just as well. I''ve never seen anything about the Radeon being better than the Geforce, when it comes to supporting OpenGL (or anything else for that matter) I''ve also never heard about any Geforce board not supporting openGL to any extent.

I would say go for the Geforce.

The Kid

I don''''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.
I don''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.
Well i beg the differ, The Nvida Geforce 2 MX that i got was not worth the five finger discount i got for it!

It actuly proformed worse than my TNT 2 M64
I agree that Nvida are doing something right but then they made this they where probly drunk!

The only advantage of it is the amount of power it consumes, which is good for overclocking(You would need to to get anything out of it!)

glThanx3f(GL_SHCIPWA)
----- ShCiPwA -----
Well i beg the differ, The Nvida Geforce 2 MX that i got was not worth the five finger discount i got for it!

I agree that Nvida are doing something right but then they made this they where probly drunk!

The only advantage of it is the amount of power it consumes, which is good for overclocking(You would need to to get anything out of it!)

glThanx3f(GL_SHCIPWA)
----- ShCiPwA -----

glThanx3f(GL_SHCIPWA)
----- ShCiPwA -----

glThanx3f(GL_SHCIPWA)
----- ShCiPwA -----

glThanx3f(GL_SHCIPWA)
----- ShCiPwA -----

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement