• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Typo

Not exactly here for games but have newb question

This topic is 4097 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I like games and junk but I'm just looking to get started programming in VB. I have this book, which I've enjoyed thus far, Absolute Beginners Guide to Programming. I'm at the first VB lesson and would like to do it. The onnly programming software I've got is Visual C++ 6.0. That was from another course I took but it was never brought up how to actually implement it. This book has been pretty good explaining the basics and the history. All I need now is VB 6.0 Working Model to follow along in this chapter and finally get to code some junk. Anyone know of a free download? I found this website but rapid share won't let me download it. It also says Enterprise Edition under that picture so I don't know if I would've gotten the right version anyway. Thanks in advance. [Link to illegal content removed-- jpetrie [Edited by - jpetrie on September 25, 2007 3:49:03 PM]

Advertisement
Get rid of Visual C++ 6.0. It won't help you with VB programming, and really isn't much good for C++. Microsoft has released free IDEs for both languages, which include the necessary (standards-compliant) compilers, as well as top-notch debuggers. For VB, you can get what you need here, and the C++ (and other) equivalent is a click away.

A small disclaimer: I've never used VB Express, but VC++ Express is full of good things, easy to use, and -- oh yeah -- free!

That should get you up and running.
-jouley

OK I got the SP then I downloaded the actual setup.exe. I have the install icon on my desktop but when I try to install it has to download and it doesn't even start. I just sits there and says 0kb/sec transfer rate. What am I suppose to do? Also do I need the SP1 if I get the Vista SP? I have Vista but had already downloaded the other SP on that page.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!