• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jasonturner

Mouse events problem.

This topic is 3923 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a bitmap that is moved around the screen by the mouse; when the user clicks on any part of the image they can drag it around etc. The problem I have is that if the user moves the mouse around the screen very quickly then I "lose synchronisation" with my bitmap metrics / positioning. It's as if the mouse events are not processed quickly enough or that rendering takes place concurrently with "out of date" image metrics... My question is: How can I make sure that when the user clicks on a particular pixel in my bitmap, that no matter how quickly the mouse is moved, the mouse pointer will remain on the original pixel within my bitmap? Any takers? Cheers, Jason

Advertisement
Have you tried always rendering the bitmap immediately after checking the current mouse position?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!