• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vandana123

OpenGL Problem with to create compressed texture using OpenGL with Sis Mirage 3 graphics

This topic is 3925 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Please help me anyone. i am facing a problem to create compressed texture using OpenGL function with only SIS Mirage Graphics card, more details regarding the problem is given below: 1) I am using the following opengl funtion to create compressed texture : glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_ARB, TextureImage[0]->sizeX, TextureImage[0]->sizeY, 0, GL_RGB, GL_BYTE, TextureImage[0]->data); 2) This function is working fine with graphics cards other than SIS Mirage 3; With SIS Mirage 3 on Vista machine, this function returns GL_INVALID_ENUM value. 3) There is no problem on Vista machine with Intel Graphics card. I am not getting why is this getting failed? please help me someone, and let me know the architecture to create compressed texture. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement
a) To use the GL_COMPRESSED_RGB_ARB your card must support the correct extension. Check if your card supports the extension GL_ARB_texture_compression.

b) Try switching the type to someting other than GL_BYTE, to maybe GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE.

c) Try experimenting with the format, though I don't know if that will help.

d) Try updating to the latest driver for your card. Older SiS drivers/cards were known to have broken OpenGL support. I have no idea about newer ones.

Hope that helps.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!