[PIX] how to capture single frame of backbuffer?

Started by
2 comments, last by yk_cadcg 16 years, 6 months ago
[PIX, dx10, vista, vs05] hi, for gpgpu, we often can't draw to swapchain's regular-format backbuffers, we often render to a special-format (e.g., DXGI_FORMAT_R32G32B32A32_SINT) texture in background and do not present/swap it. as such, i couldn't use PIX to capture, since the "single-frame capture d3d" with "trigger type" be "frame 1" are only for frontbuffer, not my backgournd rendertarget. Thus i can't use debug shader. am i wrong? thanks for any help! ps. is there any other way to debug/step into shader for vs05, just like vs03's shader debugger? Thanks!
Advertisement
Could always capture a stream's worth. Its a major pain because every single draw call seems to replay the entire stream just to see what rendered!? But it is usable (just) - maybe it'll work for you?
You step through shaders in PIX now. You have to use the shader debug flags in D3DXCreateEffectFromFile() in order to get an HLSL tab next to the asm on in pix.
thanks a lot. i've |ed Shader_Debug.

my post means:
i use special format rendertarget, so
i'm not rendering to frontbuffer, so
i can't see the details->rendering in PIX, either via single-frame or all-stream, so
i can't click some pixel to "debug this pixel" to open hlsl tab, so
i can't debug my shaders to see why the staged bmp is not as expected.

am i missing something? thanks a lot!

besides, when i open details->texture2D to check my uint4 rendertarget (when it's alive of course), it's unseen, i mean the view area is totally transparent to appear its background, which is another tab in Details. Why's that? thanks!

Quote:Original post by Rompa
Could always capture a stream's worth. Its a major pain because every single draw call seems to replay the entire stream just to see what rendered!? But it is usable (just) - maybe it'll work for you?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement