[java] Javadoc Decompiler?

Started by
2 comments, last by AlexNunn 16 years, 6 months ago
I'd like to learn how to create JavaDocs and the best way I usually learn is via working backwards. I know it sounds crazy but is there a way for me to decompile a javadoc back to the original source code?
Advertisement
Not that I know of. But I doubt it would show you anything anyway - theres very little to learn. Just run the 'javadoc' tool over your source code and it spits out the generated html. Thats all there is too it.

If you really want to compare source and generated javadoc, then I beleive the source to the JRE classes is included in the JDK somewhere.
Javadoc doesn't contain any source.
Quote:Original post by Antheus
Javadoc doesn't contain any source.

It does if you use the -linksource command option, but I must agree that reverse engineering the javadoc to source is a pointless exercise.
Javadoc is meant to be API documentation that gets written inline with source code. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

The best examples I can think of is to download the source code of one of the projects at http://commons.apache.org/. Compare the source to the published API, and you can see how HTML and other fancy Javadoc stuff gets used.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement