DirectX conflict on vista?

Started by
5 comments, last by jollyjeffers 16 years, 6 months ago
I want to play medieval total war 2 on my vista but it keeps saying D3DX9_30.DLL is missing. I tried to download the file but I don't know what to do with it. So I figured I would just download direct x 9.0c. however on my comp right now I have directx 10. Will downloading 9.0c screw up my comp and get rid of 10 or will they work together? Thx in advance.
Advertisement
This is not a general DirectX support forum. Perhaps you should contact the publisher of your game and see if they have a solution.
well if anyone knows anything I'd reaaaaallly appreciate it:)
Quote:So I figured I would just download direct x 9.0c. however on my comp right now I have directx 10.

Actually, it has directx 9.0c. This is a problem with the game I'm thinking.
It technically has a version of directx 9.0, but it is missing several things for some reason (notably D3DX9_30.DLL). Would it be alright for me to download the directx 9.0c off the net?
I just did a quick google search and yes, it seems people have fixed the problem by (re?)installing directx9. They also said that if it says you already have an up-to-date version than get a redistributal copy and upgrade that way.
Hope that works for ya.
Quote:Original post by Dave Hunt
This is not a general DirectX support forum. Perhaps you should contact the publisher of your game and see if they have a solution.

D3DX is an optional part of the DirectX suite of technologies, if you're using an application that depends on it then that application should have installed it. If it doesn't, it's a badly deployed application - simple as that [smile]

You cannot install DX9c on Vista. Currently there are *no* versions of DX you can install on it as it ships with the latest-n-greatest already. However, some DX redist packages like the web installer may install optional libraries and skip the core components.

Any further questions and you can follow Dave Hunt's advice [wink]

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement