• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
3dmodelerguy

Looking for a mid level laptop

This topic is 4091 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am right now in the market for a mid level laptop that will be mainly used for linux programming(Web/Game). I don't need some 3000 dollar laptop, just something that is descent and costs around 1500. currently the best one i can find is this: http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=687&action=customize Specs: 15.4" WXGA LCD with Super Glossy Surface (1280X800) Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7500 / 4MB L2 Cache, 2.20GHz, 800MHz FSB Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT Graphics with 512MB DDR2 Video Memory Genuine MS Windows® VISTA ULTIMATE 32/64-Bit Edition 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 X 1024MB 250GB 5400rpm SATA 150 Hard Drive Cost: 1589 The reason i am getting window vista is because in my experience windows home editions just suck big time and even tho i am mainly going to use linux(Ubuntu) i am still going to format my hard drive with 2 partitions a one 200GB for Ubuntu and then the rest for Window which will basically just have visual studio and maybe a game or 2. What do you think about this system, is it descent for the money? would you recommend anything else?

Advertisement
I plan to buy this HP Pavilion dv9260us.
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200, 2GB RAM, 2 x 120GB Hard Drives, 17-inch...
You can take a look at this one, i think. A recent deal for it is $1600 instead of $2300.
http://dealstudio.com/deallink.php?deal_id=60618

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!