• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yurian

More portals and travel between worlds.

This topic is 3921 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Looking for comments on usage of each portal, which situation should I use each portal? Of course, I will not use every one. Central warp room - Being in a large map with a portal to every other world Pull-A-Lever warp chamber - Scattered around the map, going into the chamber and pulling it dumps you in annother chamber somewhere... Animal trainer - Talking to a pilot who has a monster carry you elsewhere for a fee Teleport guide - Person with magical power to send you elsewhere... for a fee. Machine vessel - Boat, plane, etc (again with pilot and fee) World map + ship - You see all the worlds, and select one to go to. Upright circular portal in the middle of nowhere - Classical thing Varible door- Portals scattered around the world, to activate it, use some sort of key item on it, and it will create a warp to that place Returning scroll - Usage of scroll returns you to nearest temple, town, fortress, blah... Return location spell - Using it teleports you to a place you have marked. Picture travel - Jumping into pictures in the wall Your own animal - Owning a horse/ dragon sort of thing that moves quickly One way launch - Being shot out of a giant slingshot... or something similar. Retreat to entrance spell - Speaks for self Call rescue - Return to central warp room

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!