What are the best Allegro tutorials?

Started by
6 comments, last by X_GRAYWOLF_X 16 years, 6 months ago
I've set up allegro in Dev C++. I want to learn how to make games with it. I eventually plan to make a 2D RPG. I klnow thats a long way off, so I'm not gonna get too excited with it. Also.. should I have a good understanding of classes before i start with graphics?
Advertisement
please?
http://www.allegro.cc/

start just reading tutorials, wiki's, help documentation, and allegro projects going around in that community.

if you need personal assistant with allegro I could surely help.

Forgot to tell you when you go to the site download the Allegro Manual.chm it basically has every possible idea, question, function, list goes on and on when it comes to working with Allegro. From installing it, to working with all the functions in Allegro, and what they mean.

IM: finch17@hotmail.com

Good Luck!
There is a book called Game Programming All In One that teaches how to make 2D games using allegro. You can find it on Amazon here.
That book looks pretty cool. I'll probably buy it. Thanks!
Quote:Original post by esrix
There is a book called Game Programming All In One that teaches how to make 2D games using allegro. You can find it on Amazon here.

i second that! Realy helpful book. Be sure to get the 3rd edd.
•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•..•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•. Mads .•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜ ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•..•°*”˜I am going to live forever... or die trying!
Before I buy it, Are there any negative thoughts on it that I should know about?

[Edited by - JSD31526 on October 1, 2007 4:51:19 PM]
I have that book its good if you want to learn allegro!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement