• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
unloved_child

Unity [web] next rpg amine based community?

This topic is 4009 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok i was bored in class taking a test when my friend handed me a sheet of paper it said he was going to make a site like gaia a rpg amine based community with bigger so i thought it would be fun to try it out since me and him both didn't want to help each other we planned on making different project his is-something i forgot the name but mine is called Fantasy online.now that its been 2 days since we started i found out that i'm lost.so i need some help with php (i need to know a good webhost site and i need some good with php to help create the site + i need someone good with java.i have all the sprites and items i just need some help put this site together.)

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by unloved_child
ok i was bored in class taking a test when my friend handed me a sheet of paper
it said he was going to make a site like gaia a rpg amine based community
with bigger so i thought it would be fun to try it out since me and him both didn't want to help each other we planned on making different project his is-something i forgot the name but mine is called Fantasy online.now that its been 2 days since we started i found out that i'm lost.so i need some help with php (i need to know a good webhost site and i need some good with php to help create the site + i need someone good with java.i have all the sprites and items i just need some help put this site together.)

If I had to guess, it's very likely that your friend is a bit lost on the matter as well. In this sort of situation, collaboration will get you farther than going each your own way. Talk with your friend, see what's up, because the two of you together will have much better chances in succeeding with such a project.

That said, if you're still insistent on the independent route (which isn't all that bad; a lot of people learn better on their own) then you should consider learning PHP or Java yourself. Asking others to do the work for you is less likely to get you as far, especially considering that you haven't laid out a solid plan of action, nor does it sound like you have design work or other essentials mapped out. For that matter, be sure you're comfortable with HTML if you aren't already.

As for a host, GoDaddy.com is cheap. Or if you want something free during development, check into this list of free PHP hosts.

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!