Strange VBO/PBO problem

Started by
1 comment, last by inversion 16 years, 6 months ago
I've written a GPU based particle system using VBOs to render the particles. Everything compiles and works perfectly and renders in release mode when run through the vs2005 debugger. The problem is that if I try to run it using the exe or without debugging the particles are not rendered. Does anyone have a clue what could cause this I've never had any problems with a release build that only works inside visual studio before. All the positions and velocities etc are stored in textures and the positions are copied into the VBO for rendering. I think the problem may be to do with the copy from the texture into the VBO as the other static VBOs are still rendered correctly. The only mention of anything similar that I found just suggested that the problem was related to threading which im not using. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated I really have no idea and its more than likely theres some setting that I've missed or don't know about. Thanks p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong place wasn't sure if it should go here or in programming.
Advertisement
Do you try to access any files (ie: a particle texture) with a relative path? When running the program from within VS the current directory is set to the project directory by default, when running the .exe manually the current directory is where ever the .exe file is (ie: <project directory>/Release).

Let us know if that helps.
Thanks for the sugestion im not using any relative paths the textures and shaders are all being loaded correctly. Data for the particles is all generated by the program it isn't being read in so this shouldn't be the problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement