• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jvlinton

Music fonts with SDL_ttf OpenGL

This topic is 3921 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have gotten the standard SDL_ttf and OpenGL routines to run, and can write many truetype fonts to screen without a problem. (Dev-C++ is my platform.) However, I have encountered problems trying to get the routines to work with Musiquik. MusiQuik is a free, copyrighted music truetype font that displays notes and musical notation. Anybody have any ideas how to proceed? -John L.

Advertisement
What kind of problems have you encountered? Be more specific.

Also, try using other encoding options such as unicode and see if they work.

I'm not sure about SDL_ttf's rendering capabilites in rendering those non-standard text. In case of the problem is due to SDL_ttf's limitation tho, you might want to try SDL Pango, an alternative to SDL_ttf. I heard it's able to render many unicode font (e.g. chinese, japanese, etc)

now i've found another music font that will load and run with my program fine, but when i write the characters to the screen they're all these little boxes. to be clear, i can still write in other TTF fonts loaded by the same program, (using SDL_ttf), such as Vera fonts, etc., but this music font just produces little boxes.

-John L.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!