Dauntless Rogue

Started by
4 comments, last by Anteater 16 years, 6 months ago
I've greatly updated my single player RPG Dauntless Rogue; it's now got some decent polish. Dauntless Rogue is an RPG designed to be a modern "dungeon crawl" game. You'll be killing monsters, using magic, finding new weapons, etc. Here's the page. Screenshot Special thanks to the Irrlicht Team, Delgine, Incompetech, Psionic's 3D, and Basil Studio.
Advertisement
Here's my thoughts:

* There should be an exit-button at every screen, or at least some way to easily quit/cancel (ESC?)

* I selected high-resolution, and the text was barely readable (maybe make the fonts scale up?)

* Character-screen: the red text in the middle of the screen was almost unreadable (bright red on blue/purple background), change the colours

* Character-screen: I can use up all my allocation points, even below zero, although the game complains about this so I have to manually reset it to zero (or higher). Just make it stop at zero

* When fighting monsters they seem to want to stand INSIDE you, instead of infront of you

* Right-clicking in the game brings up the regular mouse pointer, and the game halts (the music continues to play though). All I can do at the point is ESC-ing.

* I noticed that your HP and MP are displayed as floating point numbers... I may be just me, but that looks kind of ugly ("HP: 25.00000/50")

Other than that, good work and don't forget to keep improving! :)
wouldn't even run for me, just crashed on opening. No error message, except for windows xp's not-responding-send-and-email popup.

Specs:

windows xp home, 32 bit
amd athlon 64bit 5200+
2gb ram
ati sapphire x1950+ (512mb)
Thanks for the feedback! It seems I still have a bit of work to do lol. I'll be sure to fix that stuff you mentioned NisseBosseLasse, as for the game crashing on startup I have no idea. I'll see what I can figure out.

Also, the right-click is the pause button, just click on the 'back' button in the upper-left hand corner of the screen to unpause; maybe I should change it to 'unpause'. And the floating point numbers thing is intentional. But it is kind of ugly, so maybe I'll change it.
Quote:Original post by Anteater
Also, the right-click is the pause button, just click on the 'back' button in the upper-left hand corner of the screen to unpause; maybe I should change it to 'unpause'. And the floating point numbers thing is intentional. But it is kind of ugly, so maybe I'll change it.

Maybe print out the text "PAUSED" in the middle of the screen, and make the right-button both the pause/unpause-button (why have seperated buttons for the same action?).
I fixed/altered most of the things mentioned above. By the way, there's an easter egg involving the naming of the character.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement