• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kun_Y

PNG not display correctly(help please!)/_\

This topic is 4096 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here is the Link of the probleme, http://img013.photo.21cn.com/photos/album/20070929/m/67FF24FE40BB76676EB5111DFB3E0D7B.jpg Hope some one can help me out! thanks very much! Kun_Y

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by ViperG
what version of photoshop are you using.

you might consider getting the superpng plugin for photoshop, might fix your problem.

http://www.fnordware.com/superpng/

Thans for your advise,I've tried the SuperPNG plugin,but the problem still exist.I'm considering email to the producer of the plugin,maybe they would help me solve it. thank you very much ViperG !

yeah just make sure you installed it correctly. It should show up as superpng file format as a save as, not just png.

IIRC it recommends you take out the default png plugin in photoshop by removing the file from the plugin folder.

also, you could try gimp instead of photoshop, it should do the trick.

To let you know, this actually fixes a fairly common issue. If an image is enlarged, the values between pixels are averaged. This means that pixels between the solid (255-alpha) texel and the transparent (0-alpha) texel are averaged together. This causes some of the color of the transparent pixel (typically, black or white) to 'bleed' into the image giving it a slight halo. If you have an image like the above, where the transparent pixels actually have the same color as the pixels around them, then you won't get this problem (it will be averaging the same color together, hence no bleeding).

Why it shows up odd in MS Paint is probably because paint has terrible support for transparency. I wouldn't trust Paint that that is how it actually is. Try opening the image in a separate image editor (I suggest Paint .Net - it's free and pretty nice) and disabling the alpha channel. See if it matches what you see in Paint. Paint can lie when it comes to transparency. Don't trust it.

And also, does this cause any problems in your game? I wouldn't expect it to. If it doesn't, don't worry about it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!