Publish/sell your games at this site...

Started by
9 comments, last by HenryH 22 years, 11 months ago
You need to look at this site! www.opengamer.com It''s great!!! It''s a game development community portal where people form teams and create games. If you have creative 3D skills, graphics, sound, programming or just whatever, you can add your skills to the group. You can even start your own team! Everyone''s working on cool games. Whether it be action, adventure, racing or sports, Opengamer is sure to have it. You can even bring in your own game or idea. It''s fun.......and the best part is - when the games are finished opengamer sells the games for the teams and splits profits with the developers. That means money for you and your team! And I suppose you''ve heard about the money people at game companies are making? People are even working on wireless games, virtual worlds and seem to have some kind of deal with Nokia, the big cell phone company. So if you''re ready to make games, make money, and have fun, then head over to www.opengamer.com!
Advertisement
This is your one and only post. Can you cut it out with the spam until you''ve atleast contributed to one or more of GameDev''s boards?

Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!
http://druidgames.cjb.net/
blah blah blah We are a community of developers blah blah blah join us and you''ll be part of a team making a videogame even if you don''t know how to do anything blah blah blah after each game is finished we''ll publish it even if we have no ways of publishing anything cos anything we have is a silly website.
That''s about the same that is said by xgames3d.com, pcgamesforyou.com and now opengamer.com...
Can anyone share experiencies about these groups?
Oh Wow!! Thanx HenryH!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for! I have no skills at all, but that qualifies as "just whatever", so I''ll be right over there. And maybe for my contribution, I can just spam message boards all day saying how great my experience with openLamer.com is, and how rewarding it is to feel like I finally "seem to have some kind of deal with Nokia, the big cell phone company." I just want to be a part of it, because "It''s great!!!...OpenLamer is sure to have it...It''s fun...and the best part is" HenryH, long time GameDev community member (so long in fact, he registered the same day as his wonderfully informative post)is now someone I consider a friend, someone who is looking out for my best interests.

Or maybe I just had a bad night at work, am in a cynical mood, and misinterpreted this. But I doubt it.

--OctDev
The Tyr project is here.
Yea, I doubt it to...

I looked at their web site earlier today and discovered that the "join" link required you to log in with a currently existing name/password. I guess they won''t be getting too many new members.
No that aint true.... I just loged on for the hell of it

Dont complain too much about this site, they arn''t hurting you
openlamer.com - just what I was thinking heh OctDev

OpenGamer.com sure left itself open for that one lol...

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities
Philip LutasMy site of randomness
and one other thing...

What exactly is the point of these sites? Personally I would rather learn myself (and have total control)...

I checked out the website and to be honest apart from a bit flashy gfx, there was very little content and nothing that really caught my interest...

If anybody cant manage to promote and sell a game they have made then its either:
a) not worth selling
b) that person is stupid

Of course I could be talking utter rubbish but I am sure I will be corrected

Philip Lutas
CEO of Optical Realities
Philip LutasMy site of randomness
no point really... i guess.. they take 50% of net profit, just like everyone else. Lets wait and see.....
I very much doubt that many of those people are involved with the Nokia deal, if they were they would know just how strict it all is and wouldn''t be blabbing about it on a website like that.....

Paul.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement