[java] need help regarding voice recognition in java

Started by
4 comments, last by sanguineraven 16 years, 6 months ago
hey friends i need help for my B.E project...i m devloping a tool which on voice commands draws basic shapes like circle,rectangle..etc...can any one here vl b able to tel me how m i going to do recognition of voice exactly..i kw i need to use java speech api..i hav read classes also but i want to know how exactly my program vl recognise wat exactly user is speaking....i hav heard from sumwhere that i need to store commands recorded in user's voice nd them machine vl match the voice while running the program wid this stored voice to recoginse the command...can u tel me how to do this in java?
Advertisement
Are you good at JAva
yes...plz i need help...i have to give presentation on my project in one month not the coding but atleast how m i going to implement it.....i hav serched net but i dint get nethng which vl tel me dis...do u have answer to my questn?? or any sample code vl also do...which i can refer...
This site does not provide homework solutions.

You can however ask specific questions. The Java Speech API is readily available, along with tutorials and example code.

Once you have a prototype running, or have developed a solution but get stuck on a particular problem, then people will be able to help. But nobody will do the homework for you.

For general guidance, you should ask the staff at your school. It's what they are there for.

In case of university level education, such task isn't about making the application, but by proving you can find a solution yourself.

If this is about a job-related problems - knowledge and experience aren't free.
This site does not provide homework solutions.

You can however ask specific questions. The Java Speech API is readily available, along with tutorials and example code.

Once you have a prototype running, or have developed a solution but get stuck on a particular problem, then people will be able to help. But nobody will do the homework for you.

For general guidance, you should ask the staff at your school. It's what they are there for.

In case of university level education, such task isn't about making the application, but by proving you can find a solution yourself.

If this is about a job-related problems - knowledge and experience
hey if u ant want to help plz dnt post such replies atleast...i hav already tried all those thngs which u hav mentioned above..dats y i asked help here.....neways i m new user to dis site...
Sorry but we are not here to hold your hand all the way through a degree project. As you seem to be aware and as other user's in the thread have pointed you to, the Java Speech API is the way to go. You can use google to find many resources on how to get started on such a system. I would recommend you start making some small test prototypes testing each bit that you learn and you should grasp the system as a whole and be able to implement it to your tool.

As a sidenote, I know we shouldn't complain about spelling and grammar but please try and use proper English, proof-reading your posts before hitting the button. If you want other people to help you, it helps to explain clearly using proper language what situation you are in and what you are after.

For example, here are some of your mistakes and how they should have been typed:

wat => what
hav => have
u => you
tel => tell
wid => with
dats => that's
y => why
dis => this

and you can't even be bothered to type out the word 'know', instead you abreviate to 'kw'. Why are we supposed to spend time and effort helping you when you can't even spare a second to fully type words?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement