[4E6] Supercell Epidemic: Alienated Warfare

Started by
8 comments, last by Xamusel 16 years, 5 months ago
Title: Supercell Epidemic: Alienated Warfare Genre: Futuristic third-person RPG Features: Kingdom Hearts 2 - style Battle System Final Fantasy 9 - style Menu System (for Ability Equipment and the like) Final Fantasy 10-2 - style Costume Changing system Real-world Locations that are really well known all around the world Advanced Map System ala Dragon Quest 8 Intricate Dungeons Great Boss Battles Final Fantasy 7 - style Breeding System (think trying to raise Chocobo's in the real world... only instead of the birds of light it's Elemental Ponies... and, instead of Nuts to feed the Ponies, it's Energy carrots!!) More to come later...

Storyline:

This is a game that is bound to be of a surprise... Set at first with Chronus (an alien that is so massive it's not even funny how much his height measures his strength) coming to Earth in the year 4000 bound to destroy the entire universe and it's life with these things called "Supercells". When Chronus reaches the planet's surface, he causes an Earthquake that destroys an entire mountain area in Hokkaido and makes a big crater that channels deep into the earth for some distance, and with the crater done he was so exhausted that he slept for the longest time... 1,000 years to be exact!! Enter Tom Slangton, Super Soldier extrordinare, with his team of three other Super Soldiers in the year 5000!! The hero Tom Slangton is a special sort of hero due to the fact that he NEVER, not even ONCE, saw the antagonist Chronus at all in person, but he did see the video's that Chronus gave, telling the whole U.S. Super Soldier Army where he'd strike next with his army of Supercells. If there was ever a need for a hero, folks, then Tom Slangton is that hero!!

Main Characters:

Tom Slangton: The youngest person in his squad, Tom actually is the most intelligent (if not the most sarcastic) member of the team assigned to take down Chronus. Tom was given some tests to see if he would make a great super soldier five years prior to the videos first coming, making Tom 19 years of age. The rest of the team doesn't know how to stop supercells the way Tom does... That's why he gets the majority of the credit. Chronus: The alien that found his way to earth a long time ago. His data is unknown to everyone else. This is as far as I got so far with my idea with a different engine (now using Visual C# 2005 with DirectX to help me out). Is anyone willing to help out? EDIT:

UPDATE!!!!

My game will be making it's way to work with some tutorials out of the way (as soon as my home computer works with the keyboard that might be dead). As of right now, I'm going to use Visual Studio to make the game, and I might get some people to help with making the game. Well? Is anyone going to help? [Edited by - thechocobohunter on October 10, 2007 7:35:44 PM]
Most likely the n00biest programmer out there. I need a website soon so that I can share my projects with you (when done with my projects).
Advertisement
Quote:
This is a game that is bound to be of a surprise... Set at first with Chronus (an alien that is so massive it's not even funny how much his height measures his strength) coming to Earth in the year 4000 bound to destroy the entire universe and it's life with these things called "Supercells". When Chronus reaches the planet's surface, he causes an Earthquake that destroys an entire mountain area in Hokkaido and makes a big crater that channels deep into the earth for some distance, and with the crater done he was so exhausted that he slept for the longest time... 1,000 years to be exact!! Enter Tom Slangton, Super Soldier extrordinare, with his team of three other Super Soldiers in the year 5000!! The hero Tom Slangton is a special sort of hero due to the fact that he NEVER, not even ONCE, saw the antagonist Chronus at all in person, but he did see the video's that Chronus gave, telling the whole U.S. Super Soldier Army where he'd strike next with his army of Supercells. If there was ever a need for a hero, folks, then Tom Slangton is that hero!!

This kind of reminds me storyline of Final Fantasy VII, especialy first half, or maybe it's just my imagination? ;)
You're most likely imagining things here. I am not trying to copy Final Fantasy 7's storyline in any way, shape, or form.

By the way, I am not going to use DarkBASIC for the game, but rather a different engine altogether!! I think that it has a better feel to it than DarkBASIC anyway.

I'm bound to edit the first post in the topic when I have more info on the different stuff.
Most likely the n00biest programmer out there. I need a website soon so that I can share my projects with you (when done with my projects).
Quote:Original post by Shuger
This kind of reminds me storyline of Final Fantasy VII, especialy first half, or maybe it's just my imagination? ;)

I think the whole alien monster being buried for a thousand years sounds very Chrono Trigger-ish. And the name of the creature is Chronus...

You say this is for 4E6? How are you going to integrate the elements? By the sound of it you have explosions covered but where are the ponies and accountants?
I have that all taken care of. The ponies are in many areas of the game, there is a giant crystal under control of "The Destroyer" (aka Chronus), and there are two evil accountants... both of which try to use the monstrous Supercell's as a way to control the Stock Market together!!

Is this good enough?
Just felt like bumping the topic.
Bumping yet AGAIN!!!! When will anyone post in my topic again?!?!
Quote:Bumping yet AGAIN!!!! When will anyone post in my topic again?!?!

Firstly, bumping topics for no particular reason is considered poor form.
Secondly, people will likely post more in your topic when you've added to your project and displayed it here, not when you beg/demand more replies.
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
*Slaps himself on the head for not realizing it*

EDIT: I just edited the first post.

[Edited by - thechocobohunter on October 10, 2007 7:25:34 PM]
I just would like to say that this project is canceled until further notice... in the meantime I have some TSA work to do when I get the chance PLUS an online game in Dark BASIC Professional.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement