4e6 Technology

Started by
26 comments, last by DeeFar 16 years, 6 months ago
I know it's early, but to continue in last year's footsteps, this is an opportunity for you to post the technologies you are using (or presently plan on using) in your entry. I'll start. Name: Unknown, possibly Doug's Doodlings Genre: 2D Sidescroller with 3D models Languages: C# Libraries/Engines/SDKs: XNA for graphics, input and sound. Possibly Physics2D.Net for physics. Content Creation Software: GameSpace for 3D models Homebrew Technologies: Non-photorealistic renderer. Game Editor. Feel free to add categories as you see fit. Let's here them!
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Advertisement
Name: Absolutely no idea.
Genre: Still no idea. I'm not sure if I'll even enter this particular contest but what I'm currently working on that may or may not end up being an entry in this contest is going to be 3D and either first or third person (3rd person like those Jedi Knight games). It won't strictly be a shooter but there will probably be some shooting involved.

Languages: C++ most likely, but this doesn't matter too much to me.
Libraries/Engines/SDKs: Most likely Irrlicht for model loading and possibly rendering, though I may switch to Ogre. If I decide that detailed physics are important I'll probably use ODE.
Content Creation Software: Wings3D, Art of Illusion, Gile, and probably others. <br><strong>Homebrew Technologies: </strong>Nothing in particular except shaders and stuff.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
I'm still not 100% sure I'll have the time to put together a full entry this year, but at the moment I sincerly hope I can enter something while I'm learning Flash. If so, here's my tech breakdown:

Name: Unknown. This will be the last thing I'll worry about.
Game: Also unknown. Almost certainly 2D.

Language/Platform: Flash Player 9, ActionScript 3.0
Content Creaton Software: Flash CS3, Illustrator CS3, Audacity, GarageBand (unless I upgrade to Logic Express)
Homebrew Technologies: Whatever I can throw up in terms of Flash programming between now and the end of the contest.

Name: Nothing, yet.
Game: A tactical RPG where you must fight as accountants.

Language/Platform: C++, Windows, OpenGL with GLEW
Libraries/Engines/SDKs: SOIL, Luabind, A simple framework I whipped up a short time ago, and Boost.
Content Creaton Software: The GIMP, Audacity.
Homebrew Technologies: None, at the moment.

[size=1]Visit my website, rawrrawr.com

Name: Haven't decided yet.
Genre: 2D isometric turn-based strategy RPG

Languages: C++
Libraries/Engines/SDKs: DirectX 9.0c, Boost
Content Creation Software: As of yet unknown
Homebrew Technologies: Pretty much everything
Name: Not sure if I'm even entering.
Genre: See above. If I do, it would likely be some sort of third-person shooter.

Languages: C, Lua
Libraries/Engines/SDKs: Unless I come with a reason otherwise, I'll be using my Quake 3-derived codebase, which is/will be rather full-featured.
Content Creation Software: My GTKRadiant-derived editor and whatever else is necessary...
Homebrew Technologies: Everything I've done to Quake 3 and then some.
Name: Last thing on the checklist.
Genre: 2D Side-scrolling/Platform/Adventure Game

Languages: C#
Libraries/Engines/SDKs: XNA, Home-made 2D Engine
Content Creation Software: Paint.NET, Google Images etc. (my artist is in a lazy stage at the moment)
Homebrew Technologies: My little 2D Engine is about all... not much really
Nick Wilson - Junior C# Developer | See my crappy site
Name: Untitled Failure Number 432
Genre: I have several ideas but I haven't picked one yet

Languages: C#
Libraries/Engines/SDKs: XNA
Content Creation Software: Wings3D, Paint Shop Pro, Audacity (with my handy $6 Logitech microphone), possibly Inkscape and MakeHuman (haven't played much with that one)
Homebrew Technologies: Stickyman Technology (if a side scroller)
Freeware Content: Blambot Comic Fonts and Lettering, Aenigma Fonts, partnersinrhyme.com
Team: Self
My friends and I who are working together on our entry got together to talk about things.

Name: Haven't thought about it
Genre: Adventure

Languages: C++ with possibly Lua or Python scripting
Libraries/Engines/SDKs: Boost, Ogre, OIS, CEGUI
Content Creation Software: Wings3D, Cubase, and Sound Forge right now
Homebrew Technologies: Not much aside from a custom game engine built on top of the backend libraries plus some custom tools to deal with managing game assets.
Name: Who picks names so early in the game?
Genre: 2D Sidescroller

Languages: Probably C++
Libraries: I dunno. I need to look for a 2D library

I dont know if I'll actually have time to participate but at least this contest has gotten me thinking about possible games. I thought of and partially fleshed out a design for 4e4 and I even started coding one for 4e5 so maybe I'll finish something for 4e6 [grin]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement