Sign in to follow this  

I've been having some beginner problems

This topic is 3729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been trying to use Allegro 4.2.2 in my newly nightly build of Code::Blocks, and I have been unsuccessful at it. What I did is I got the binary files from http://www.allegro.cc Then I copied the respected lib, bin, and include folders in the New MinGW folder I have at c:\MinGW folder, and when I went to see if I had installed Allegro correctly I opened up an old Allegro project I use to run with in Dev C++ and edited some text, and F9 = Build and Run, and it worked just fine, but then anytime I try to save a project myself, or start from scratch I keep getting undefined reference checks. So, I said hey, maybe that is the compiler not being able to find my library for allegro, so how bout I tell it to add the libraries from the MinGW folder and yup I can compile it, but I can't build the project and run it. So there is no way for me to run my program to see if it is working the way I wish for it to work. Here is the error that I am getting when I try to build my project
Checking for existence: C:\Documents and Settings\Numb3rz\My Documents\Programming\My C++ Programs\Allegro Stuff\Allegro_00\Allegro_00\bin\Debug\Allegro_00.exe
Executing: "C:\Program Files\Nightly Code Blocks/cb_console_runner.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Numb3rz\My Documents\Programming\My C++ Programs\Allegro Stuff\Allegro_00\Allegro_00\bin\Debug\Allegro_00.exe"  (in C:\Documents and Settings\Numb3rz\My Documents\Programming\My C++ Programs\Allegro Stuff\Allegro_00\Allegro_00\.)
Process terminated with status 3997696 (0 minutes, 5 seconds)

Can anyone help me setup Allegro 4.2.2 and the latest nightly build of CodeBlocks with the latest MinGW compiler I have, so I can start working on my project again. Plase, Please, Please? Thanks Here's an update that I thought is worth mentioning. I recompiled the source code, and still got 0 errors, 0 warnings. And I decided hey let's go to the precise folder and run the app from there. Guess what? I was able to run it, but I still can't run the app from inside Code::Blocks, because it keeps asking me to build the project, but then when I build the project it says, Oh, it's already built nothing to do. What is up with my software?

This topic is 3729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.