Sign in to follow this  

Programming Sound

This topic is 3727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Plus, there's no way to create realistic sfx without recording a raw sample of it.
Professionals record "things" in the studio, whatever they are and radically change the sound and form through various fx.

If you're a beginner, I'd recommend you go to the various free-sfx sites, download them and try to change them to a different sound. That's the first step.

Generally, it is easy to find royalty-free sfx. It's not easy to find quality ones...

Quote:
Original post by Kylotan
Unless there's some add-in called 'Nyquist' that does something I'm unfamiliar with, then Audacity doesn't do what you want.

There is, but I don't think it's popular: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/nyquist
I agree with Vitali that using Nyquist to create realistic sound effects would be very difficult; specific sounds can be approximated well by specific methods in the hands of an expert (bells with peculiar FM, wind and string instruments with mostly linear waveguides...) but it cannot be a general solution.

This topic is 3727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.