• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hindi

Unity [web] Minimum time to make live a Website in Internet

This topic is 3947 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It is not exactly related to game development but I am keen to have a lot of websites specially community weibsite on games and now a days I am working on some projects in following matter and hope you people , owner of websites might answer the query. What minimum possible time does it take to become live on Internet for a website? I mean to say the time taken from domain registration, hosting and uploading. Here what I observered is hosting and uploading is almost instantanious if Internet connection and server is ok. The next factor is time taken for propagation of nameserver details. Any way I am asking about instant website? Is it possible to register a domain, host and upload site content and all is available to world in minimum time. So suggest me any one a startegy for minimum time taken in the whole process. I am speifically interested in your personal experience.

Advertisement
I use 1and1.com for just about everything hosting related. I've had a very good experience and would recommend them.

For fairly cheap price, you can get a domain name, hosting, choice of database really useful administration tools.

That being said, the most time consuming step is DNS propagation, which only takes a few hours in my experience. You can easily have a working "Hello World" page up in a day.

And I think the maximum time for the DNS to get out there is about 48 hours, though you'll likely see it much sooner. Anyway, I would say it can normally all be done in one day, though the uploading and hosting is mostly instantaneous.

When registering a new domain, it should be pretty much instantanious. When you query a domain name that your DNS does not know about, it will contact the master DNS server for that tree (eg .com or .co.uk) which will have the entry as soon as you register it.

However if you are changing an IP address, thats when propogation comes into play - accessing the domain your DNS will think it knows where it is, and send you to the old address. Only every 24-48 hours will they verify with a higher DNS server, and update their records.

Thats my understanding anyway...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!