• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Tojiro67445

OpenGL So... it's the end of September....

This topic is 4067 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I realize that we've never been given any hard dates on when the OpenGL 3 spec would be avalible, but since the only thing that we WERE given was that the "specification can be publicly available as soon as the end of September, after the mandatory 30 day Khronos approval period has passed," I'm curious to know if anyone has heard anything about it. Do we know if the ARB finalized it in August like they were planning? Forgive my curiosity, but I'm looking forward to the new API very much. I kinda feel like a kid on Christmas eve, you know?

Advertisement
Currently there is no word, and given it's the weekend I'm not overly shocked nothing has appeared even if it is ready.

Currently over at OpenGL.org we are pretty much waiting on the spec and the Pipeline news letter; personally I'm hoping we'll get both, with a nice in depth article on the spec being in the news letter.

Hopefully we'll get both this coming week...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!