What if I am gone?

Started by
5 comments, last by chuckbo2006 16 years, 6 months ago
Would it be an issue if I were indisposed when the judging goes down? I am in the Navy and there is a possibility I will be off doing the things submariners do during the judging. Thanks. -AJ
V/R,-AJThere are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...
Advertisement
Hi AJ,
It's good to meet another submariner. I served 1980 to 1993. Of course I was just learning to program basic 2D graphics (lines, circles, points, etc.) on the first PCs they installed on the boats.

When I think of all the time I wasted while on patrol (when not drilling, qualifying, drilling, training, drilling, eating, drilling or sleeping) I could have been coding games. =)

Regards,
Chuck
Cool, man. What did you do on board? I'm a SMAG ;-)

-AJ
V/R,-AJThere are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...
Hi,
I was a forward chief...navigation electronics... on Poseidon boats. I understand they consolidated several ratings years ago. What's a SMAG?

Regards,
Chuck
Hehe, SMAG isn't a rating. It's what ELTs are jokingly referred to as by nuclear MMs. It stands for Sometimes Mechanic, Always Gay, because we stand mechanic watches, but have the relatively easy job of analyzing propulsion plant water.

-AJ
Generally, the judges shouldn't need to contact you during the judging period. Like last year, when you submit your entry you'll have boxes to fill in to explain things like how you've included the elements and to give any notes for the judges. I'm also planning on getting mailing addresses ahead of time (where possible) so that we can get the prizes out ASAP.

As long as you submit your entry on time, and as long as you've tested it to ensure that we're not going to run into trouble, you'll be fine. Just make sure you come back from your submarine in the event that we need to give you some prizes [grin]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

AJ,
I spoke to a retired bull nuc today who also served up forward as a COB. He was an ELT in the past. I asked him if he was a SMAG...he had never heard the term.

I told him what ELTs are called these days....he responded by saying in a very, very deep voice... "I was an ELT...never a SMAG. I was a @$%#@ good mechanic..." =)

Regards,
Chuck

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement