Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP on DirectInput

This topic is 6074 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have now installed the directx8 sdk, and i am following the tutorials found in it. I am trying to add a keyboard or joystick device, and i have followed the steps (i think) correctly. But at an early stage, inserting the line: #include #include #include LPDIRECTINPUT8 g_pDI = NULL; LPDIRECTINPUTDEVICE8 g_pMouse = NULL; ... ... hr = DirectInput8Create(GetModuleHandle(NULL) , DIRECTINPUT_VERSION, IID_IDirectInput8, (VOID**)&m_pDI, NULL ); the compiler (visual studio 6) gives the following message: Linking... Textures.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectInput8Create@20 Textures.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A Debug/Textures.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. WHY? I need HELP!!! Michele.

You''re not the first one to ask that question, and it''s already been answered a few times.

You need to link with the direct input dll.
i.e under VC6 :
Projects/Setting.
Select the ''Link'' Tab,
add dinput8.dll to the ''Object/Library Modules''