[.net] [XNA] Game won't run on other computers (solved)

Started by
0 comments, last by mutex 16 years, 6 months ago
I have made a simple game with C# and XNA and it runs fine on my laptop (which it was made on). I put it on my desktop computer and I get this error: Error I installed the latest DirectX runtime and it still won't run. Is there something else I need to install for it to work? EDIT: I just realised I hadn't installed the .NET framework. I installed it and the above error doesn't come up, but when I try to run the program now the "This program has encountered an error and has to close. Would you like to send an error report to MS?" message comes up. Thanks for any help in advance. EDIT 2: The files were in my laptops shared network folder so I could access them from the other computer. I moved the files into the other computers shared folder and it worked. Weird. [Edited by - awesty on October 1, 2007 6:20:28 AM]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by awesty
EDIT 2: The files were in my laptops shared network folder so I could access them from the other computer. I moved the files into the other computers shared folder and it worked. Weird.
The default .NET security settings place restrictions on .NET applications run from network shares. That's likely what you're running into.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement