MinGW and Vista problem

Started by
1 comment, last by felipedrl 16 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Two weeks ago I installed Vista on my laptop. It was fine until I tried to work on it. The first problem was about it couldn't find cc1plus.exe when trying to compile C++ code with gcc. I realized that MinGW has some issues with Vista. So, I switched to MS's compiler and it worked. The problem is that the IDE I'm using(wxDev-CPP) can debug only with gcc! And I really need that. I'd like to know if someone has a workaround for that MinGW problem... I've tried to change the path but I still have the problem. Today I tried to use gcc again and got another error: [Linker Error] undefined reference to `__cpu_features_init' I search on google and found some people with the same problem. They say it's something about having two compilers installed... I don't know. I clean and tried to compile everything again and got the same problem. I realized that even a new project "Hello World" would give me the same thing. Do you know how to fix this...( Please don't say uninstall Vista, hehehe. I probably will make that anyway... ) Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
I used Vista and MinGW and I have never had any problems.
Wanna help spread Firefox? http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=126078
That's weird... Maybe is the version I am using. I updated it to the most recently one... but still can see if it worked because of the linker problem...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement