Sign in to follow this  

Difficult perspective problem

This topic is 3726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This might be really simple to solve, but I'm not exactly sure how to explain it. I am trying to simulate motion parallax on a computer monitor. To do this, I need to move the camera in sync with head motion (which I've already solved) and then render the world. When rendering, I've worked out that I need to move the camera only in the xy plane (i.e. parallel to the image plane) but I *can't rotate the camera*. Rotation results in things growing more than they should. This means that I end up with images that move like this: ----------------- |......x.......o| |....x.......o..| |.x....oc.......| |...............| |........x..o...| |---------------- ----------------- |.........x.....| |.......x.......| |....x....oc....| |...............| |...........x..o| |---------------- as I strafe from right to left. So how do I keep the c in the centre without rotating the camera? (Sorry the pics didn't come out right, but it was the best I could do). I figure that I need to take a different part of the image plane, i.e change xmax and xmin for the perspective projection. But I tried that and things got wierd. Any help, pointers to useful textbooks etc would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Steve

This topic is 3726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.