Sign in to follow this  

directx sdk at school

This topic is 3729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok, i have a problem. the computer I use at school has mvsC++ 6.0 on it, but I am unable to install the directx sdk that I want to use for game development at school. I can't ask my teacher, and I can't install the sdk unless I am the adminisstrator on the computer. is there some way I could use the files I need from the sdk? some external way I could download the files and use them? or some way I can override this administrative crap? thanks for any help/advice!

why can't you ask the teacher?

what opiaboy is saying is that you can extract the SDK on another machine (that you have control over)

copy all the header files and libraries to a CD or disk or whatever

copy those onto your school machine

now you can compile the code but you won't be able to run it (to run it you need the same version of directx installed on the machine).

The "correct" answer is: it's not your machine, you shouldn't be installing anything on it. If you want DirectX talk to your CS teacher and convince him/her that it's a cool project and that it's for learning. Then they can get it installed and you can live happily ever after.

You should also tell them to uninstall that POS VS 6.0. it's the most horrible of all compilers ever invented on the planet. You can get Visual Studio 2005 for free, it's 10000% better, and free, and better..... and free

-me

This topic is 3729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.