Linux C++ IDE??

Started by
19 comments, last by Bregma 16 years, 6 months ago
Mods: If this is in the wrong place please move it! I cant seem to find a nice IDE to run on linux...Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks
Advertisement
Try looking for KDevelop, CodeBlocks, or Eclipse.
Quote:Original post by hahaha
Mods: If this is in the wrong place please move it!
I cant seem to find a nice IDE to run on linux...Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hmm, here's a nice little list, right at your fingertips.

--smw

Stephen M. Webb
Professional Free Software Developer

IMHO:

Every feature rich IDE available for Linux sucks with the exception of Eclipse. However the last time I tried to get the C++ plug in for Eclipse working it required a rain dance and resulted in sorts of frustration. Hopefully since then the plugin has improved.
Here is a new hot tip: MonoDevelop now does C++. I haven't tried it for C++, but I liked it for C# coding, so it might be worth checking out.

Normally I just "build" my own IDE with a few console windows + gvim.
Quote:Original post by fpsgamer
IMHO:

Every feature rich IDE available for Linux sucks with the exception of Eclipse. However the last time I tried to get the C++ plug in for Eclipse working it required a rain dance and resulted in sorts of frustration. Hopefully since then the plugin has improved.

It has indeed, they've packaged it nicely all ready to go Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers. Works great for me! :)
Best regards, Omid
I’ve just been using KDevelop and so far I’m happy. It’s got its quirks, indeed, but since the last time I tried it I can say it’s improved a lot.

And being a hadcore Linux fan, I’ve got to mention GVim. [grin]
Quote:Original post by Oxyd
And being a hadcore Linux fan, I’ve got to mention GVim. [grin]

I am similarly obliged to mention emacs [smile].
I would recommend Sun Studio 12. On top of having a good IDE with intellisense and all those goodies, it features a professional profiler, debugger, and additionally has tools for multithreaded debugging (such as being able to detect deadlock, etc. ).

Keep in mind Sun Studio 12 is not netbeans, it compiles C, C++, and Fortran code.
Well, Netbeans can be used with a c++ compiler as well. Never used with c++, though, so I don't know if it supports auto completion, visual debugging, and so on...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement