Sign in to follow this  

VC 2005 and SDL/OpenGL

This topic is 3727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yay! I finally got VC 2005 setup and running after all of Microsoft's weird and problematic junk to go through. Ok. I have my compiler and language. Now all I need is to find a tutorial or site to show how to setup VC 2005 with SDL and/or OpenGL. Anyone have an idea?

Ok.

This one tutorial I am on mentions changing a setting each and every time you make an SDL project. Something to do with making it (/MD) a she put it. Multithreaded dll or something. He is using VC 6.0 for MS and he types:

Once your project is loaded, you need to change one more setting. Select Project->SDL Application Framework Properties. Now select the C/C++ folder on the left and go to Code Generation. In the box that says Runtime library bring down the drop-down menu and select Multi-threaded DLL (/MD). You must do this for all of your SDL projects.

How do you do this in VC 2005? If it even needs to be done.

Project->Properties->Configuration Properties->C/C++->Code Generation->Runtime Library

However it's set to Multi-threaded DLL by default in vc2005.

Also be careful with tutorial you're following it sounds as though it's way put of date.

Lazy foo has a setup tutorial for vs 2005
http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson01/windows/msvsnet05e/index.php

As Ra mentioned you will need the Platform SDK!!!

Again lazy foo will help you get used to SDL. Should be enough to get a basic tetris clone going. To get things "nice and proper" you'll need a few good books, the gamedev forums and lots of practice.

http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/index.php

This topic is 3727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.