Sign in to follow this  

GLSL Geom Shader Problem

This topic is 3725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm having a really weird error with geometry shaders. Just something simple. Takes a point (x,y,z) and creates a triangle with height x. The code below works:
gl_Position = vec4(0, 0, 0, 1);
gl_Position = gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix * gl_Position;
gl_FrontColor = gl_FrontColorIn[0];
EmitVertex();

gl_Position = vec4(5, 10, 0, 1);
EmitVertex();

gl_Position = vec4(10, 0, 0, 1);
EmitVertex();

So I know it's not a problem generating my triangle. However, when I try to change the height based on a variable (float p = gl_PositionIn[0].x, where I'm careful not to transform my point in the vertex shader) it gets all wonky. I tested that p was equal to 10 with a quick if statement (which gave true only on 10, so it wouldn't be a floating point issue). When I set p manually (float p = 10) it works fine. So I have no clue what's going on. Anyone seen behaviour like this and know what I'm doing wrong? Cheers, --Brian

Solved that pretty quickly.

Apparently a line like gl_Position = gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix * gl_Position produces the invalid result. Setting a temporary variable to my new value of gl_Position and using it on the right hand side fixed the problem.

I dunno, maybe there's something hidden in the GLSL documentation about this, but it looks like a bug to me...

Cheers,
--Brian

This topic is 3725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.