Sign in to follow this  

DiDraw Alpha-Blending @ Overlays? (MDX)

This topic is 3721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got the overlay stuff work on ati cards (nvidia to hell atm,..) with transparent pixels. However, I had no luck with alpha blending. Is it possible, and if yes, how do I enable it? Non-alpha DirectDraw overlays somehow..suck. So if anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

It's been a long time since I looked into it, but I think you're limited to 'color keys' rather than actual alpha-blending. That is, you can choose 1 colour to be completely transparent - a binary choice rather than the scalar blending that you might be referring to...

Maybe your favourite search engine can bring something up for overlays and color keys.

hth
Jack

Well, anyway, if someone is interested in the current source code and executable:

click me!

Its just a small overlay library with an executable for overlay tools like time, free mem, cpu usage, ..
It works on both nVidia and ATI hardware (Had to write a own RBG -> YUY2 cornverter, colors are not 100% identical, but most likely), but alpha/transparency is only supported on ATI hardware (Enable it manually in the general options screen).

[Edited by - Metty on October 3, 2007 8:44:23 PM]

This topic is 3721 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.