Simple Browser-Based game

Started by
5 comments, last by Sfulk 16 years, 6 months ago
hey I'm a noob at this multi user stuff i made one non online game that was simple as anything but id like to start a new project, such as a browser based game I'd really like to use java because it looks some what easier to learn i may be wrong is it possible to make a game like this with java?? if not what can i use it with i want the game to be very simple 3 public islands people walk around on and chat i want mod accounts for me and my friends and i want a system so users can make there own islands but to start out id like to make a public island that people can chat on with mods that's it. please help, and idk how to host it what are my hosting options BTW i cant portfoward so, yeah. ty
Advertisement
This is not something il wont lose intrest on im willing to spend years on it if needed this is something id really like to do thank you
Yes, it is possible to make browser based games in Java.
Hi,

How will you make this game? Is it going to be 2D or 3D? And do you have any experience with developing in JAVA? If you don't have any, I would strongly recommend that you took a look at flash and actionscripting instead. It will get you going faster than java.

- Mads
i dont have any expearence with java i just thouight it might be easyer to do and it will be a 2d game that looks 3d it will be like habbo but with islands
No one here minds helping out new people, but I think everybody minds when people don't use correct spelling and punctuation. You can take a couple seconds and review you spelling and grammar before you post, and you're likely to get more help by doing this too.

Anyway, since it sounds like you want to get started with Java, I would recommend checking out the Java Forum FAQ. It has a lot of helpful links and information that will get you started.

Svenjamin
Quote:Original post by Svenjamin
No one here minds helping out new people, but I think everybody minds when people don't use correct spelling and punctuation. You can take a couple seconds and review you spelling and grammar before you post, and you're likely to get more help by doing this too.

Anyway, since it sounds like you want to get started with Java, I would recommend checking out the Java Forum FAQ. It has a lot of helpful links and information that will get you started.

Svenjamin

Well sorry, for my spelling, Dont go crying over a few misspelled words, and thank you for the link.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement