Why Is Everyone Using All Four Elements?

Started by
21 comments, last by Liam M 16 years, 6 months ago
I'd say that anyone who doesn't use all four elements is -- and excuse the technical jargon here -- a total lamer.

In fact, my game will include not 4 but in fact all 16 elements.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Promit
I'd say that anyone who doesn't use all four elements is -- and excuse the technical jargon here -- a total lamer.

[wow]
I am planning on just 3/4. Not to say that I don't appreciate the added challenge of having all 4 elements in, but I just want to make something cohesive (as far as that is possible with the elements we have been given).

I have only three. Reason being is that I can get 3 as integral parts of the game. I don't want to just toss something in for the heck of it. I like my idea and I'm sticking to it and I don't want a rogue element to ruin my dastardly plan.

If I had a good idea for all 4 that would be one thing, but its hard to imagine accountants and ponies together with any real harmony. Not saying I couldn't given enough time but I can only have one entry and I've fallen for my current plan. So 3 it is.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Wow Promit, your game will have:

Water,
Earth,
Economics,
Ponies,

Emblem,
Robots,
Explosions,

Accountants,

Fire,
Europe,
Ninjas,
Crystals,
Emotion,

Zombies,
Air,
Pirates

?!

For real? That would be awesome.

I've got one idea that includes ten, and another that could easily be extended up to 15, but I have a hard time fitting "Europe" into there without it feeling tacked on.
I'm using 3/4. I would have used four, but the fourth element just detracted from the game and you don't get any bonus points for it.
Quote:but the fourth element just detracted from the game

This is my feeling. Isn't the "spirit of the contest" more to build a quality game within the bounds of the criteria given? If it wasn't within the spirit of the contest to only use 3, why wouldn't superpig just require all 4 be used?
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.

All 16? You don't even have Lanthanides and actinides then? Pretty paltry...

I'm only using one! Maybe I shouldn't enter :P

Now that you mention it, if my game comes out as planned it will, in all seriousness, feature all 16 elements in one form or another.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement