Why Is Everyone Using All Four Elements?

Started by
21 comments, last by Liam M 16 years, 6 months ago
I'm just curious because looking at the entry threads it seems to be a common trend. I mean, it's not required, nor do you get bonus points, and it just seems to make it harder to fit them all together. Opinions? Edit: If you're reading this right now and planning on creating a 4e6 entry, are you using just three or all four elements?
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Advertisement
It's the spirit of the contest.
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
It's the spirit of the contest.

That's what I think, and I feel most other people think the same way too.

If I get a 4E6 entry together I might use the leeway available to only strongly tie together three of the four elements, but I'd be bound to include the fourth even if in just a superficial way.

Really? Do you violate the spirit on the contest by opting to use only three elements?

If you're reading this right now and planning on creating a 4e6 entry, are you using just three or all four elements?
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
I'm planning to properly use three and make a nod to the fourth.
"It is not enough to merely faces one's fears. One must run screaming toward them,"
Quote:Original post by think_different
Really? Do you violate the spirit on the contest by opting to use only three elements?

I wouldn't say a game that only uses three is in violation of the spirit of the contest; I certainly don't think that anyone who is attempting to include only three is "cheating in spirit" in any way. It's just more that I see the elements as a personal challenge, and it's more satisfying to me personally to meet that challenge with a design that incorporates all four to a high degree than only three, even if it's harder that way.

I'll probably have 3 heavily implemented, and one just thrown in, not changing the plot, but being on the side.
In my case, I would probably include the fourth element as a backup just in case one of the other three elements that I implemented didn't pass.
Hi,
I'm interested in using all 4 elements simply because I have invested 2 to 3 hours working out several game concepts using these 4. Uugghh! After all that brain work I actually have an idea that seems workable. Eliminating just 1 now seems to leave the program just a bit empty.

Then again, I started with the thought "Good grief! Where in the world did ponies and accountants come from?" to "Hey this is workable!"

Regards,
Chuck
What I thought was: I'm already chewing my brain on building a theme that includes ingredients. Whats 4 versus 3? +33%? What does that cost me?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement