Sign in to follow this  

Collision Detection betwen Two Animation Human Characters in Mesh loading from X file

This topic is 3722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, i have problem in DirectX I have two animation human character i have load both from X file First character(mesh) has kicking animation Second mesh has ducking animation I translate them into the right position(near distance) What must i do to handle the collision? How do i know leg part from first mesh collide with head part from second mesh when the animation runs? Is there any method or something for this problem? I'l be Thanks very much for your help...

D3DX has a triangle-triangle mesh intersection method, but it's generally very crude to do real-time collision detection like that (it's overkill, and inefficient). Generally you organize a collection of bounding primitives, such as spheres or oriented boxes, around the mesh and you perform collision detection with those.

Depending on how you export/import your models, you may be able to bake this information into the file -- or it may already be there. Otherwise you will have to compute it yourself.

DirectX doesn't really offer you anything here. The D3DX Maths routines might simplify your code a bit, but they aren't really designed for this purpose. Direct3D is more about viewing a dataset than it is manipulating it.

I'm going to move this to 'Maths & Physics' for further discussion. I would imagine they'll be able to point you to a decent physics library that'll hide most of the complexity...

hth
Jack

jollyjeffers,Thanks for your attention but i hate Math
jollyjeffers,please... first i talk in Direct3d then Math(Maybe i need more advice from you) Thanxs

jpetrie, Nice advice Thanxs
Maybe i have same thinking

There are two ways:::::::::

First, My mesh also contains many spheres(like bubleman) each have name
SphereLegRight,SphereHead,Sphere,SphereArmLeft etc that linked with bones individually.n I adjust them so that can fit with my mesh(character mesh - human)I make the mesh in 3dsmax, with bone animation,mesh data,the SPHEREs and export them in X file.
]]]]Note:The Spheres have different radius,but not ellips shape.

Second, My mesh also contains many box(like boxman)each have name BoxLegRight etc that linked with bones individually.n I adjust them.I make the mesh in 3dsmax,with bone animation,mesh data ,the BOXes and export them in X file.
]]]]Note:the size of boxes are various(length,width,height)

*May be i use 10-25 spheres for The First n 10-15 boxes for The Second

==============================================
I know this concept, but i don't know what to do
The problem is how can i extract the data like
==============================================

When i use the first, there are many sphere i made in 3ds max how can i get the pivot and radius from each sphere that have name?

Then the second,it's like more simple oriented bounding box, right?

Attention:All SPHERES or BOXES changing based on animation and i want make them unvisible when rendering in Direct3D

And i also ask how about Dummy Object.........fiuuuhh

CONCEPT......CONCEPT..........CONCEPT............CONCEPT : easy
DO IT......DO IT......DO IT......DO IT......DO IT...... : fiuuh

This topic is 3722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.