Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shotgunnutter

SDL_WM_SetCaption memleak

This topic is 4038 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hi, Here is a sample of code which leaks memory at a rate of 1gb per minute:
	while(!exit){
		exit = input_object->handle_input();

        SDL_WM_SetCaption("Gavins game engine","gavins game engine" );
	};


Fairly simple. I try it without the call to SDL_WM_SetCaption and the memory leak goes away. I'm pretty certain that there's a fairly serious memory leak in this function. However, I need to work out which version of SDL I'm using before I can report it. Also, I want to ensure its not a mistake that I've made. What action, if any, should I take?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
First action, download the latest available SDL.dll (or your platforms equivalent) and test that.

If it is still present, post it on the SDL mailing list and/or the SDL bugzilla, both available from libsdl.org.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Original post by rip-off
First action, download the latest available SDL.dll (or your platforms equivalent) and test that.

If it is still present, post it on the SDL mailing list and/or the SDL bugzilla, both available from libsdl.org.


I took step 0 and the memory leak still occurs. so, I'll go to the bugzilla (never used one before). thanks for the advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!