Sign in to follow this  

C++ trouble with BMFont PNG's

This topic is 3725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The angel fonts BMP Font Generator want to save the .fnt file as the name I give when I go to Options -> Save BMP Font As after in the Font Settings option set the texture to be a png. However, The .png will be saved as the name I saved the font file and "_" plus a two-digit number. I think it is so the font and png texture don't have the same name beside the fact they have different extensions. My resource Propane Injector, handles font files and the texture png by you defining a Propane::Font class object like Propane::Font fnt("foo") with the parameter being the name of the .fnt file. However, Propane assumes the png is the same name ( "foo.png") and the font is foo.fnt. This assumptions causes me to either A. change the code so the assumed png is the fnt + "_00.png" or B. Similar to A but have it keep track of what the number is at so I can have multiple copies like few_33.png. Both of these would probably piss off the author of the code for infringement. I would have a mess because if the code related to font manipulation is updated, it will have to fix it often and it might not work due to these updates. How can I make BMP Font Generator not us the ending "_XX" extension of the filename? Thanks. I have this forum section because it deals with code, with Hylix\Ravuya Propane Injector resource and also having trouble using angel fonts BMFont Generator BTW. -Mad_Coder

This topic is 3725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.